Thursday, December 30, 2010

Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan


I've been reading some great encouragement lately regarding this.  I know, it sounds like so much of a cliche, that we are tempted to pass right over it.

But have you ever stopped to notice how easy it is to drift and just coast in life?  It's usually a sign that somewhere along the way we've given up.  We've been knocked down by someone or life's circumstances.  Then we start to justify the drift.

Recently, I've had to do some planning surrounding an idea we had at work for developing new marketing strategies.  Yes, I had to force myself to sit down, do some research, talk to experts, list necessary items and delivery mechanisms and develop a spreadsheet of topics and deadlines.  Stuff that I've tried to just "wing" in the past.

And WOW!  You talk about OPEN DOORS!  You've heard the terms, "Forward Momentum", "Failing Forward", etc.  I'm here to tell you it's true.  There is something about a well thought (not perfect) plan, that helps all involved to see the potential and get excited about moving the plan along!

God is a planner, just read a couple of these verses:

Jeremiah 29:11 MSG
I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Job 15:8 MSG
Were you listening in when God planned all this? Do you think you’re the only one who knows anything?

Hebrews 8:8 MSG
But we know the first was found wanting, because God said, Heads up! The days are coming when I’ll set up a new plan for dealing with Israel and Judah.

This morning, we begin implementing the new plan, and of course, there will be some tweaking along the way, but this is also going to be a great adventure!  Life is good because God is good (re-read Jer 29:11 above) and moving forward under the favor of God is the best plan of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated!